For each month of the session, we handpick the best educational kits and assemble tech-of-the-month packages. In August 2019, we send these kits ($200 value) straight to your front door. Each month, there are weekly online, live classroom sessions, where students are taught to create awesome projects. These projects make coding fun!
These classroom sessions are taught by Anjalee Narenthiren, the CEO and founder of TechExplore via a live internet video call. Click here to learn more about Anjalee.
Only 50 of North America’s brightest students will be able to secure a spot. Children who will be in Grades 2-7 at the time of the program can apply. Admissions are rolling, so preference is given to early applicants. Apply now!
- TechExplore Live Jr. (Grades 2-4)*Parents/Guardians must be available to sit in on the 1.5 hour classes with your child*
- TechExplore Live Sr. (Grades 5-7)
Each week from September 7 to November 30, there will be a 1.5-hour online classroom session at the following time:
- TechExplore Live Jr: Saturdays from 12:00pm – 1:30pm EST
- TechExplore Live Sr: Saturdays from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm EST
- Project: Robot Artist (TechExplore Live Jr.) | Robot Room Defender (TechExplore Live Sr.)
- Tech-of-the-Month: mBot Robot
- Skills gained: troubleshooting problems, intro to building, design, and coding
- Project: Video Game Creation
- Tech-of-the-Month: Scratch / mBot Robot
- Skills gained: understanding logical conditions and more advanced coding
- Project: Traffic Lights
- Tech-of-the-Month: micro:bit
- Skills gained: designing, and controlling electronic circuits
General Application Info
- Only 50 seats. Based on demand from parents, we expect hundreds of applications.
- Rolling Admissions (apply early to increase your chances of getting in).
- Application Opening: April 4, 2019
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
What Makes a Good TechExplorer?
- A love of learning
- Curiosity about the world around you
- Interest in tech
- A passion for making/trying new things